Complacent With the New Privacy Laws
Who we are:
Our website address is https://northstarcruises.com.
We do not sell or otherwise share personal information about you.
At times, to better serve you, your personal information may be collected which may include:
• Contact information, such as name, postal address, email address and telephone number;
• Information about travel plans, interests, preferences, and agency advisor affiliation;
• Demographic information we acquire from third parties; and
• Other personal information in the content you provide to us on our websites, such as in comments to our blog posts and feedback
You are not required to provide this information, but if you choose not to do so, we may not be able to offer you some of our services and features of our website.
Tracking Online Activities:
We utilize Google Display Advertising (such as Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting) to understand our ad impressions and use of ad services better. In connection with the Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting service, we may use data from Google’s interest-based advertising or third-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) with Google Analytics to understand and improve our marketing campaigns and website content.
Consumer Information Collection & Usage:
We may use some of the consumer information we obtain for:
• Creating and managing your profile and account;
• Offering and providing products and services to you, such as hotel bookings and marketing materials;
• Communicating with you about, and administering your participation in, surveys, events, programs, contests, promotions, and other offers;
• Communicating with you on behalf of our Member Agencies and preferred suppliers;
• display content on our websites;
• Responding to and communicating with you about your inquiries, requests, and providing the information you may have requested;
• Processing claims we receive in connection with our products and services;
• Operating, evaluating and improving our business;
• Performing data analyses (including market and consumer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymization of personal information);
• Protecting against, identify and preventing fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
• Complying with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, and our policies.
As required by applicable law, we use the personal information we obtain to comply with applicable legal requirements, carry out our contractual obligations and, as permitted by law, pursue our legitimate interests as described above (such as managing our website, performing data analyses, and operating, evaluating and improving our business). Otherwise, we obtain consent to process personal information. We may combine information we receive about you (such as through our website or from third parties) for the purposes described above. We also may use the information we obtain in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection or otherwise with your consent.
Also, we use information collected online through cookies, web beacons and other automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our users’ visits to our websites and (ii) managing our business. We also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer our sites, identify users of our websites, and gather demographic information about our users. We use clickstream data to determine how much time users spend on web pages of our sites, how users navigate through our websites, and how we may tailor our websites to meet the needs of our users better.
We also use third party web analytics services on the websites, such as those of Google Analytics, Hotjar, and Optimizely. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze how visitors use the websites. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate the use of the websites. When you first visit our website, a cookie banner will inform you of the use of these website analytics technologies. They will only be used if you accept them or if you continue using this website. To learn more about Google Analytics, Hotjar and Optimizely and how to opt out, please visit www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html, https://www.hotjar.com/opt-out or https://www.optimizely.com/opt_out/
We do not transfer the personal information we collect about you.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, concerning transfers of personal information to the U.S., NorthStar is not certified under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield frameworks and here will not transfer your data.
Rights and Choices:
California Residents Notice:
Subject to certain limits under California law, California residents may ask us to provide them with (i) a list of specific categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those third parties. To make this request, California residents may contact NorthStar as specified in the How to Contact Us section below.
Links To Other Websites:
Our websites may contain links to other sites for your convenience and information. Linked websites may have their privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any related websites. To the extent any associated sites are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the websites.
Protecting Personal Information:
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Personal Information Retention: