Greenland 20% Savings on Aurora Expeditions
West Greenland Explorer
Departing May 18 2020 | 11 days
West Greenland offers an adventure-filled experience that includes thrilling Zodiac cruises along gleaming ice-filled fjords, unbeatable photographic opportunities, and meeting friendly Inuit locals living in some of the world’s most remote and harshest environments. Affectionately known as the ice-factory of the north, the icebergs that are created from calving glaciers are some of the largest on the planet. On this unforgettable voyage in one of the world’s most remote regions, you will discover Greenland’s capital, Nuuk, an Arctic metropolis with a small-town feel, where you can marvel at the mummies in the National Museum or learn about Inuit culture at the Nuuk Art Museum.
• Explore the Ilulissat Icefjord, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the world’s largest calving glaciers with optional helicopter flight (additional cost involved for flight)
• Discover the cultural attractions in Nuuk, one of the world’s northernmost and remote cosmopolitan capital cities
• Enjoy thrilling Zodiac-cruises to glaciers, amongst icebergs, and along rugged coastlines
• Watch out for reindeer, walrus and 15 species of whales with the Greenland right whale often
seen in May
• Sea kayaking (additional cost)
• Photography lectures
• Transfer from the airport to the hotel
• 1-night hotel accommodation in Nuuk
• Half-day tour in Nuuk
• 9 night expedition voyage aboard the Greg Mortimer, Nuuk return
• Enjoy daily breakfast, lunch and dinner including house wines^, beers^, and soft drinks^, afternoon tea and snacks
• Shore excursions#, guided walks and Zodiac cruises
• Complimentary 3-in-1 polar jacket
• Educational lectures and guiding services from the expedition team
• Personalized photo book (post voyage)~
• Transfer from the pier to downtown Nuuk or to the airport
Price from US$8,268pp*, twin share
NEW 360° Virtual Tour of the Greg Mortimer!
*Terms & Conditions apply. Valid on select ship voyages only and select cabins. Offer is valid on new bookings only aboard the Greg Mortimer which must be booked and deposited by September 30, 2019, or until sold out, whichever comes first. Promotion is subject to availability at the time of booking and capacity controlled. The promotion is not available in conjunction with any other offer, can be withdrawn at any time and is not redeemable for cash. Normal booking terms and conditions apply. ^ Dinner only. ~ One photo book per booking. # Optional helicopter flight is at an additional charge. Prices and offers correct at time of printing and sub-ject to change. From price based on Balcony Stateroom category inclusive of discount, gratuities are not included. For solo or triple share pricing please contact us. To confirm your booking, a completed booking form and non-refundable deposit of $2,500 pp in the booking currency is required within 7 days of reserved berth/s. Please visit www.aurora-expeditions.com/find-out-more/terms-and-conditions for full terms and conditions. Photo credit from top to bottom: Klaus Eugenius, Mads Pihl – Visit Greenland.